The ITIL Practitioner course is offered as an advanced level after passing the ITIL Foundation for professionals who have already gained knowledge with the basics of IT Service Management (ITSM) and the business value of strategically designed and delivered services. This course offers organizations and individuals an in-depth, additional practical guidance on how to adopt and adapt the ITIL framework to support and enhance their organization’s objectives.
The difference between ITIL Foundation and ITIL Practitioner is that ITIL Foundation focuses on the ‘what’ and ‘why’ while the latter is more on ‘how’ to start using and accommodating the ITIL framework in their daily situations and responsibilities, providing individuals with greater confidence in their IT knowledge and ability to structure and contribute to ITSM initiatives. More so, an ITIL Practitioner does not replace any of the existing ITIL qualifications.
- The ITIL Foundation Certificate
(Participants must provide their ITIL Foundation Certificate before attending the ITIL Practitioner exam on day 5 of the course)
- Prior to taking the ITIL Practitioner examination, the participant must have successfully attended an accredited training and completed all of its practical assignments.
ITIL Practitioner course focuses on the implementation and management of the processes and functions that are involved in obtaining control and balance within an IT infrastructure. The course taps on many different areas, with particulars to Change and Release Management processes, integrated by an effective Configuration Management process. It is intended to enhance service quality by reacting to several changes involved in a controlled and timely manner, while also allowing and observing updated and relevant information in infrastructure.
Participants can expect to complete the course work in one five-day session. They will learn how to effectively implement, manage and enhance the Release and Control processes in an organization through MITS’s engaging classroom training.
Key Points about ITIL Practitioner:
- Covers the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) approach as the guiding principle to structure any development initiatives
- Provides practical guidelines on how individuals can balance CSI to optimize the advantages of adoption and adaption of ITIL to their organization
- Focuses on the enhancement of the individual’s capability throughout their operations, to make use of ITIL in their daily situations and responsibilities so as to generate maximum business benefits
- Makes use of technological capabilities to enhance the design of their service quality and the efficiency of their service delivery
- Covers three (3) essential areas that are crucial for the success of any development initiatives:
- Organizational Change Management
- Measurement and Metrics
- Follows 9 Guiding Principles:
- Design for experience
- Focus and aim for value
- Start where you are
- Integrated work process
- Strive for continues work progress
- Direct and keen observations
- Be transparent
- Participate to any work assignment
- Keep it simple
What You’ll Learn:
After finishing the course, the participant will be able to:
- Gain knowledge with the ITIL model effectively to be able to develop, implement, manage and enhance an Integrated Change and Release Management framework, with the help of Configuration Management as an essential tool
- Gain knowledge with the best strategic practices for requesting, determining, enhancing, and using innovations to IT services
- Understand how to effectively relate on processes that contribute to the increase in IT services’ operation, function, and quality
- Take and pass the exam intended for the ITIL Practitioner’s Certificate
Who Needs To Take This Course:
The ITIL Practitioner course is designed for ITIL Process Practitioners, ITIL Process Owners and any IT professionals who are involved in the managing, developing, organizing, and improving of the covered processes in their organization.
Click here to request schedule and more course information.