Why do you need to certify?
The fundamental purpose of any professional certification program is to offer an independent, dependable assessment of the knowledge and skills comprehension required for having an edge in performing a professional role. This assessment, like any other, is typically accomplished by the successful completion of the given examination.
What is an ITIL Practitioner Certification?
The ITIL Practitioner Certificate in IT Service Management provides steady evidence that an individual has an in-depth knowledge in one of the ITIL processes. Like the name of the certificate, a practitioner certification is more than just understanding insights on the many areas covered by ITIL for it also highlights an individual’s practice and specialty.
Recently, there are about 3 different areas under the scope of a practitioner certification. These are the following:
- Release and Control (ITIL Practitioner Release and Control Certification)
- Support and Restore (ITIL Practitioner Support and Restore Certification)
- Agree and Define (ITIL Practitioner Support and Restore Certification)
What is the value of a certified ITIL Practitioner professional in today’s industry?
As an ITIL Practitioner professional, they are involved in many organizational processes, such as the following:
- Providing practical assistance on how individuals can maintain balance in the Continual Service Improvement (CSI), an essential lifecycle stage in ITIL, to optimize the advantages of its adoption and adaption
- Aiming for the improvement of an individual’s capabilities throughout the organization, to adopt and adapt ITIL in their daily responsibilities for maximum business advantages
- Applying advanced technological capabilities, such as automation, real-time reporting and Cloud computing, to improve the quality of service design and the effectiveness of service delivery
- Balancing other principles, foundation, good practices and techniques to further develop the value of ITSM
Who can obtain an ITIL Practitioner Certification?
An ITIL Participation certification qualification is aimed to anyone who is interested or is required to gain basic understanding of the ITIL framework, such as ITIL Process Practitioners, ITIL Process Owners and any IT professionals who are involved in the managing, developing, organizing, and improving of the covered processes in their organization. It is also given to those who need thorough understanding of how ITIL can be applied to improve IT service management in an organization’s daily work processes. IT professionals or other individuals who are working within an organization and have learned and applied ITIL insights and who are in need of further information, contribution and ongoing service enhancements are qualified to apply and obtain the ITIL Practitioner certificate.
How can I maintain my credential?
To any regulatory professional, continuous learning, knowledge improvement and professional development are essential to maintain the integrity of your credentials. Having a certification is a lifelong validation to your credentials, but it is based on the actual version of the exam (v3). In renewing an ITIL Foundation certificate, you must pass the actual version of the ITIL Foundation exam.