Oracle Certified Professional (OCP 12C DBA)
What is an Oracle Database?
The IT industry is one of the many markets that have evolved rapidly with time. Along with its evolution come series of complexities and new faces of IT issues. Since Information Technology is one of the critical grounds in any business, the search for active solutions to address and keep up with such transition is now answerable to one – the Oracle Database technology.
All thanks to the Oracle Database technology for it has helped companies in managing critical business functions, systems, and processes involved in IT. It is widely used in today’s world’s leading and growing companies.
- Oracle Database is the leading database system in the world.
- There are around 300,000 top companies that trust their critical systems to Oracle Database.
- Oracle Database is the leading installed database technology today.
Thus, the need for well-trained, highly-skilled database professionals who can manage crucial enterprise systems is rampant. With the growing companies that make use of IT services, database professionals are inarguably in high demand.
What is an OCP 12C DBA certification?
Oracle Database 12C OCP DBA certification provides individuals with an advanced level of expertise in managing Oracle databases while obtaining deep learning insights on the underlying architecture and internal operations of the latest version of Oracle database 12C deployment. The OCP DBA credential in this latest version of Oracle Database 12C will help professionals in validating their advanced knowledge and skills in executing an effective database management and maintenance.
With the 12C release, Oracle Database is re-engineered for Cloud computing. Multi-tenant infrastructures provide companies exceptional hardware and software efficiencies, agile performance and administration advantages, and fast and reliable Cloud provisioning. Oracle Database 12C certifications highlight the comprehensive skills that DBAs need in this era’s cutthroat industry.
- The Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) for Oracle Database 12c evaluates the most essential skills DBAs need to bring agility and integrity in their daily operational management and maintenance.
- With the increasing competition in the Oracle Database 12C OCA certification, the Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) for Oracle Database 12C is a more advanced certification which emphasizes the advanced knowledge and skills required in database administrators, including development and deployment of backup, recovery and Cloud computing practices.
- The Oracle Certified Master (OCM) for Oracle Database 12C is a top level kind of certification and is often a tough challenge to pursue. But moreover, it can only mean one thing – the individual is most highly skilled and experienced database expert.
Why do you need to certify?
Along the process of becoming an Oracle Database certified, you will be able to expand your knowledge and skills through exposing you to a wide array of essential database features, functions and tasks. Oracle Database certification teaches you the proper way in handling and performing complex, hands-on activities through lectures and exercises.
The Oracle certification exam also validates your technical knowledge and skills using real-world, scenario-based questions that evaluate and challenge your ability to commit to wise-decisions and proactive response.
What are the steps to Oracle Database 12C Administrator Certified Professional certification?
To become a certified OCP 12C DBA, you need to have an OCP in Oracle Database 7, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, or 11g. After this, you need to take 1Z0-060: Upgrade to Oracle Database 12C. After passing the exam, you will receive your OCP Oracle Database 12c Administrator (OCP 12C DBA).
The examination process will last for 120 minutes or three hours. There are a total number of 75 questions, and you need to have an average of 65% and above to be able to pass the said exam.